Facebook users are changing in a way that Facebook is facilitating — but most certainly does not want. We discuss the massive reduction in sharing original content on Facebook and how it affects you and the way you approach content for the platfom. Particularly videos. Also: this week’s news, plus new ways to interact with your prospects & customers in our “Tools of the Week” segment!
- Apparently an insecure WordPress plugin (which led to an outdated & unpatched Drupal installation) may have led to the Panama Papers breach.
- According to a Harris Poll study, PR for technology companies may be better accomplished via consumer outlets and even local TV stations as opposed to tech publications.
Looking for a way to save on fast, reliable web hosting? This week only (April 20-22nd), A Small Orange is offering 50% off of every new web hosting plan with promo code: EARTHDAY. Make sure to visit GTDShow.com/orange to show your support for Grow The Dream Show. We’d like to thank A Small Orange for their support!
- This past week, Facebook hosted its F8 Conference for Developers and made a number of announcements, including the availability of Instant Articles for all publishers (CNET).
- Also: you can now create your own bots (TechCrunch) to interact with customers & prospects via Facebook Messenger!
- Josh gave us a quick demo of the Quartz News App, which is essentially a chatbot (Wired).
Have you downloaded 4 Keys to Getting More Press Coverage yet? Our own PR & Messaging expert, Rod Thomson, prepared this free download just for you. Based upon his 25+ years as a reporter, editor, and managing editor, this report contains insights you won’t find anywhere else, and it will help you get more visibility! Download yours today.
- In what may be a massive shift in how people use Facebook, the network is reportedly experiencing a 21% decline in original sharing by its users. (The Information via Fortune)
- Apparently, Facebook is looking to video (TechCrunch)as a means of reducing this decline.
Tools of the Week
- Add a “Message us on Facebook” button to your website with Modern
- Write your own messaging bots with Sequel